I have received the Stylish & Versatile Awards from Naijamum and I’m really excited about it, being my first ever blog award(s). Thanks for the kind gesture, Naijamum!
According to the rules, I should say 7 things about myself. So here goes:
1) I am who I am by the Grace of God.
[I love God and I’m not ashamed to say it. I am more concerned about actually living out the principles and instructions in the scriptures, and not forcing my views on other people who may not believe (yet). God is the one who can truly/fundamentally change/help people to change for the better.]
2) I am rather conservative and normally would not talk much, but I can really become talkative when I become more comfortable in a place and with the person(s) around.
3) I love reading a lot; acquiring useful knowledge/information, and I’m currently working towards my first collection of short stories and perhaps, my first novella too!
[Some books that have made some impact on me apart from the Bible (my numero uno) include Lee Iacocca’s Autobiography (with William Novak), Donald Trump’s Art of the Deal, Ben Carson’s Gifted Hands and T.D. Jakes’ He-Motions. For literary writers and authors: I have deep respect and regard for Tolu Ogunlesi, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and Chinua Achebe. I also admire and would like to pick some traits from Malcolm Gladwell, Paulo Coelho and Reuben Abati.]
4) I simply want to live a life of fulfillment, acquiring all the relevant knowledge and skills (basic and advanced) to become a very resourceful individual and an opinion leader who would help build major businesses and help humanity create wealth.
[I want to help enough other people achieve their goals such that when I leave this world, whenever God says, I’ll be able to look back and smile, knowing that I would be dying empty and fulfilled, having used all my gifts to good use!]
5) I cherish my ‘alone’ time.
[Being in a quiet environment helps me to calm down and unleash imagination. I have gained my most beautiful insights via introspection!]
6) I dislike quarrels and it saddens me when I see couples quarrelling/fighting themselves or even regular neighbours, parents versus children, etc.
[I’m learning to be more assertive and speak up when people are doing the wrong things, though I still love peace and harmony, and am the one who would really love to avoid altercations and unnecessary bickering.]
7) I love music to pieces! I’m very much at home with (slow) music, whether Classical or contemporary.
[I’m very particular about lyrics, vocal harmony (for the choir), voice quality, and the piano chords and nice chord progressions can blow me away! Then I also look out for acoustic and bass guitar notes. I’ve not been playing the piano/keyboard, my favourite musical instrument, for a while now, and my ‘sweet’ tenor voice’s been badly affected by cold, etc. in the last six months, but I’ve been listening to really good music. My regulars these days include Myron Butler’s “I am God” & “Time after Time”, Marvin Winan’s “Just don’t Wanna Know” and “I’m Over it Now”, Hezekiah Walker’s “Do you know Jesus?” , “Faithful” and “Grateful”, Marvin Sapp’s “Here I am”, “Rivers Flow”, “The Best in Me” and “Praise Him in Advance”, and Bebe & Cece Winan’s I found Love (Cindy’s Song)
I am now expected to give these awards to 15 other bloggers….so here goes (in no particular order):
Many thanks to you all …..here’s what you have to do as an awardee:
1) Thank the blogger that gave you the award.
2) Then list 7 things about yourself.
3) Give out the same awards to 15 other bloggers.
4) Then contact them.
*Phew* It’s been fun and I’m off to contact the awardees
P.S:………I beg your forgiveness IF:
I have failed to nominate you OR
I have given you extra work! *smile*
Photo credit: www.pocketmobile.eu